Carrot Courgette Noodles (with steamed bean curd and peanut)
Certainly not fat free, but brimming with protein and fresh, almost raw veggies. This zesty combination can be on the table within thirty minutes of languidly looking at the fridge. The carrot and courgette ensure that the peanut doesn’t cloy. These ingredients were made for each other. Make more or less of the dressing to your taste, I prefer it light and not too sweet.
- ½ a carrot, cut lengthwise and peeled into noodles
- ½ a courgette, cut lengthwise and peeled into noodles
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 100g steamed bean curd, cubed
- 1/3 of a red pepper, in strips
- 3 big broccoli florets, sliced from the root down into the heads to avoid the mini florets falling apart
- A handful of chives, chopped with a scissors in 2cm lengths
- 1 lime, zest and juiced
- 2 tsp each: soy sauce and peanut butter
- 1 tsp each: coconut oil, chili flakes and agave syrup
- Coriander, fresh
In a wok, cook off the mushrooms over a high heat until their water has drained away. While they are cooking, mix the soy sauce, peanut butter, agave syrup and chili flakes thoroughly. Heat for a few moments in the microwave to get the peanut butter to dissolve. Then add the coconut oil. Let it melt, then add the broccoli, pepper and bean curd. Let them char a little. Then add the peanut liquid. Toss the contents of the wok well. Then add the ‘noodles’, coriander and lime juice. Toss again and remove from the heat.
Mama Yoc’s Kitchen